NORMANTONIAN

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NORMANTONIAN

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:04 am

I attended Normanton 1958 - up to 1968 - made life hell for Taffy Jones, Mr Williams, Mr Lullham, Whistling Ossy Osborne, Mr Petman to mention a few. And got caned FREQUENTLY in my earlier years by Mr Rogers, Mr Hadley.

During my time at NOBS I wish I could remember some, but time has flown and I have travelled a lot and forgo

Currently living in Kenya, East Africa where I have been for some 40 years.
Worked as a commercial diver, and then in civil and engineering work related industries. Now work in the mobile telecommunications industry building all those ‘mushroom mast’ that keep popping out all over the world.

Yes it would be real cool to get all us old sods together sometime in the not too distant future....anyone else agree?

I visited Buxton in 1998, after 30 odd years away from the UK. The familiar landmarks and shops of the sixties and sites that once stood alone, now either completely gone or surrounded by new buildings, etc.

Normanton was still there, but in a very poor state and someone told me on the road that the area will be developed into flats – But It is like going back to an old film set!

Anyway it would be great to hear from any NOBS of the sixties

dodie (James Dodworth)

------------------------
Note by the moderator :Posted in August 2007

Admin
Admin

http://www.buxtononline.net

Back to top Go down

Re: NORMANTONIAN

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:11 am

Hello James,
I attended Normanton from 1978 to 1984, i have never seen any information on the NOBS....

If you have any information on it could you please forward it to me,

Kind Regards,

Neil
-----------------------
Note by the moderator :Posted in October 2007

Admin
Admin

http://www.buxtononline.net

Back to top Go down

Normantonians

Post by Steve Go on Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:50 am

Hi there

I live in uxton and attended Normanton from 1983 to 1987.

The site has now indeed been turned into flats. There is a new building on the site where the Mr James Building stood and is in keeping with the original St Johns Building. The reading room was demolished and replaced by a nice stone wall and some steps, all in keeping with St Johns and Garmondsway (The building on the right). Heathfield is now flats, as is Broomfield. The old refectory was demolished and is now a car park for the two rear properties (St Cuthberts and ...? Cant Remember..Sorry)

Will post you some photos if you like.. My e-mail address is steve_gort@yahoo.co.uk

Best Regards

Steve

Steve Go

Back to top Go down

Normantonian NOBS

Post by kelly@ke on Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:42 am

Hi fellow NOBS from Peter Kelly in Cape Town. Dodie we have been in touch last year if I recall. I am a bit behind on your e-mails posted about a year ago but the NOBS still get together. Charlie Ahmed is the man that keeps everyone in touch and here is his e-mail address charlie@charlieahmed.com. I was at Normanton 66 to 72 when I moved to London with the Metropolitan Police. Did,nt enjoy that career and started in the motor trade. Been living in South Africa since 1980 own a Ford & Mazda motor dealership in Cape Town. Visit my website Now married with 4 children eldest 26yrs boy and three girls at university.
Visit UK every year normally Jan and always go to Buxton when in Manchester. Saw all the changes. I believe Noel Hadley is in a home in Broad Walk with his wife as they are in their 90s now. Most of the others have passed away. I am in touch with Iqbal Pirbhai, Charlie Ahmed, Callum Macpherson, Paul Beresford, Chris Smith and can guarantee Charlie has much more. Oh and Miroslav Zivanovich in Belgrade. Its amazing how many people crop up on these websites and I am sure more will follow.
Keep passing our details around, there are so many people I would love to hear from. NOBS still exists !
Best wishes everyone

Peter Kelly

kelly@ke

Back to top Go down

Normantonian NOBS

Post by PETER KE on Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:57 pm

SADLY I HEARD THAT DENISE HADLEY, POP HADLEYS WIFE PASSED AWAY THIS MONTH. POP IS IN A HOME IN BROADWALK ALSO IN POOR HEALTH. HIS SON IN LAW STEVE KELLY SENT ME AN E MAIL ADVISING. HIS E MAIL SFDKelly@aol.com.

PETER KE

Back to top Go down

Re: NORMANTONIAN

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:23 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum